Friday, January 16, 2015

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - Week 73

Hey everyone! Wow today starts my last transfer in the field. Unbelievable. I know these last 6 weeks are going to fly. I´m still with Hermana Harden so it will be a great way to finish! I just ordered my plaques with all my comps and areas on the back to bring home with me! I should be getting my dead letter soon. :/ We have some fun plans for our pdays this transfer. Maybe Tamboril and maybe the temple, a fun zone activity for my bday which luckily falls on a wednesday, and a trip to monte cristi (really pretty areas with beaches). I´m excited. We had a very long week with lots of trips to Santiago, but it was great. On Friday we had a sister conference with all the sisters in the mission. They spoiled us so much. We had a huge breakfast, drew ourselves on paper, played some games (including one where me and 17 other girls had to hold pipes and have other sisters walk over them. I was super sore the next day. Haha. Hope they send you pics of that), then I gave a talk on how embracing the differences in my companions has made me a stronger person (the theme of the conference) and 29 other girls spoke, we had a super good lunch, watched the errand of angels, had dessert, and then Pres and Sister Douglas gave us all real pearls from the phillipines! It was awesome! After the meeting we had to rush straight over to one of the elder´s areas in our zone to do a consecha (help them contact new people because they white washed it). It was fun, but I was exhausted by the end of the day! Then on Saturday we had to go to ANOTHER sister meeting in the morning and when we got back, we were soooo tired. Luckily the elders were very nice and filled up the baptismal font for us. :) That night was so great! So many people came to support Ivelice. My daughter (sister I trained) got permission to come too. We sang more holiness give me and the spirit was super strong (mostly cuz my comp is a killer singer). Ivelice shared her testimony at the end and she did so good. It is really strong already because she finally made the decision for her,  not for anyone else. She already has plans for her sealing next year. (really wanna go! but probably not possible. Ha.). Geresly her daughter came! It was sooo great! She came to church for the first time too on Sunday! We´re really hoping to baptize her next month! We took Ivelice to a fireside by Pres and Sister Douglas about temples on Sunday in Santiago. I think it was really great for her. Thanks for sending me Grammie´s obituary. I hope the funeral went well. I´ve been thinking about her all week. My companion was so sweet and left me a flower and note on my pillow Thursday. So excited to see you!! The time will be here before we know it! I love you all!!!

Hermana Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment