Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thursday, April 1, 2014 - Week 36

Hey fam! How`s it going? Sorry this is a day late. We had a crazy day yesterday and got back really late so we got permission to come today. Good news! I get to go to Tamboril this Saturday to see Rubi`s baptism!! It wasn`t easy to organize, but I hope it all works out. I found a sister to go with me and one to stay with my companion and Ruben is going to go a little late to work so I can come this Saturday. Because it was going to be next Saturday, but I wouldn`t be able to go because I`ll have a new companion and she won`t know the area. So a lot of people are making sacrifices so I can go. I can`t wait!!! So this week has been pretty good. We had interviews with Pres. Douglas this week and they went really good. He told us that my companion will be leaving this coming Wednesday in transfers so I`ll be getting a new companion. I always get a little nervous to get a new companion. I`m hoping for an American. I haven`t had one yet and I`m sure it must be so fun. But it doesn`t really matter. So I don`t really know what`s going to happen for Mother`s Day. I can`t put a set hour right now because I don`t know what my companion is going to do. Also we still haven`t found anyone with skype in our area so I don`t know if I`ll have to go to the office to skype you guys. I`m hoping by Wednesday I have some answers. What time is church for you? Mine is 9 to 12 in the morning. So after that. Well we have a few people progressing in our area. They all are pretty young though which makes me a little worried. I don`t like teaching young teenagers without their parents because I don`t know if they will stay strong in the church or not. But for now they are all coming to church and have accepted baptismal dates so we`ll see. We went contacting this week and found this man that was taking the missionary discussions before and went to church like 3 times. I love finding people like that. They already have experience so they can progress much faster. We had exchanges on Monday. I got to go out with a sister that is finishing her mission next week. It was really great. She came to my area with me so this was the first time I had the responsibility of the area. I admit. I got lost a couple times. Haha. We went to do some service in her area after to paint a house with some other missionaries. So Ivelice is having a few problems. Now that her husband is gone she isn`t coming to church. But it`s because she has 2 jobs now and the only way to go to church is to leave her daughter to do the jobs. And she doesn`t want to leave her alone because she`s only like 12. But she`s going to talk to her niece about helping her out on Sundays so she can go. We`ll see what happens. Okay so yesterday we went to a waterfall. We left at 7 am to meet up with like 30 missionaries. If last week was my hardest hike, this was my 2nd hardest hike. Haha. We had to walk in the river for most of it with huge rocks that we had to climb over. We climbed up the side of a waterfall which was super scary and I thought I was gonna die. Then we had to slide down a cliff on our bottoms which was very hard. We edged along another cliff and climbed over barbed wire. I got lots of splinters and bug bites (did you know gnats bite?), but despite all of that, it was pretty fun. Haha. I got to swing on a vine and when we got to the waterfall, we got to go under it. The way back was hard though because it rained and so it was super muddy. It was pretty dangerous in a few parts. But an Elder from my area helped me the whole way. He was so nice. I`m positive I would have been hurt if it wasn`t for him. I`ll send pics so you can see. We didn`t get back until 630 last night. I`m pretty sore right now. But I`m glad I went. I cant wait to hear about regionals! I hope it went well! It really hasn`t been that rainy. I think the rainy season is in the summer when it`s hurricane season. I don`t know how much we walk every day. Less than in Tamboril. I just do exercise in the house every day. (including wall sits Dad). Haha. Sounds like a great new challenge. Thanks Jamie! I`ll have to think back to see if I remember all the challenges. Sorry my testimony is a day late, but here it is: 
Primero, gracias por sus testimonios! Fue divertido leyendo cada uno. Hace un mes cada familia tenía sólo una persona que sabía Español. Ahora toda la familia sabe un poquito! Pues, quiero compartir mi testimonio con ustedes. Mi experiencia en la misión ha sido increíble. He visto cambios en muchas personas. Ahora yo entiendo la escritura en Doctrina y Convenios 18:15 y 16. He recibido tanto gozo en sólo 8 meses. No tengo las palabras para describir cómo yo me siento. Es algo que tiene que experimentar para entender. Espero que cada uno de ustedes tengan la oportunidad de servir una misión un día, si no han servido toda vía. Yo sé que el evangelio fue restaurado por medio del profeta José Smith. él vio a nuestro Padre Celestial y Su Hijo, Jesucristo. Yo sé que Dios escucha nuestras oraciones y nos ayuda en tiempos difíciles. Una de mis escrituras favoritas es Doctrina y Convenios 6:36. Dice, "Elevad hacia mí todo pensamiento; no dudéis; no temáis." Es muy simple, pero muy poderosa también. Cuando el Señor está en nuestras vidas, no necesitamos tenor dudas ni miedo. Si ponemos nuestra confianza y fe en él, podemos hacer cualquier cosa y ver milagros en nuestras vidas. Dios tiene un amor tan grande por nosotros. Podemos sentir este amor por el poder del Espíritu Santo. Yo sé que La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los últimos Días is la única iglesia verdadera en el mundo porque contiene la plenitud del Evangelio. Soy muy feliz porque tengo esta verdad. Comparto estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.  I love you all! Have a great week! See ya next week! :)
Hermana Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment