Friday, June 6, 2014

Wednesday, June 4 - Week 41

Wow I can`t believe it`s June already!! The time goes by so fast. Sounds like you guys are really busy with lots of fun things! I`m glad the recital went well and lots of people went! And seminary graduation too! Dad you must have worked really hard for that! 46 is a ton! I`m glad you got my letters! And pretty quick this time! I was worried it would take forever since the letters I sent at Christmas did. Thanks for adding those friends on FB Mom. Did Ivonne tag me in a photo? She might have put more than one. But the one with us on the couch... that`s her and Elizabett. We got some sad news this week. Elizabett moved to Santiago. :( I really wanted to see her baptism. But that`s okay. 2 lucky missionaries will get her now. My tooth hasn`t been hurting me really. It only hurts every once in a while. But I`m going to see the American dentist like on the 9th I think. I`ll talk to Hermana Douglas. Thanks for asking about the ecclesiastical endorsement. I`ll ask Pres Douglas closer to the time if he can do it. Haha I didn`t even know there was an earthquake until now. Dad, for companionship study first we always sing, pray and recite the missionary purpose, the first vision, D&C section 4, and D&C 20:37. Then we read from the mission manual and talk about what we learned in personal study. Then if we have time we study from a book called 12 semanas. It was for our first 12 weeks but Pres. Douglas asked us to keep studying it. But it`s been a pretty good week, minus Elizabett moving. We had training on Thursday from Pres and Hermana Douglas which was SO good. We learned about how to help our investigators meet their baptismal goals and a scripture chain to use to help them understand how to receive answers to their prayers. I learned a ton. Afterward we had our interview with Pres. Douglas. We explained how we wanted to start focusing more on the members. He was totally on board. He said we could do 2 visits a day to members if we wanted, which is a ton. We started doing some visits this week with our RS President and it was really good. One of them that we`ve been visiting has starting having FHE every week and praying with her family every day! I really hope we can help each one of them. We`re going to start teaching the missionary lessons to each one so that they know the main doctrine of the gospel. Our area and the areas of the elders here are struggling though with investigators. In just the last month my comp and I have let go of over 20 investigators that weren`t progressing. So all the missionaries in our zone are going to come to our areas on Saturday to go contacting to find new investigators for us. Each companionship will contact at least 3 houses so we will have a TON of people to visit next week. Hopefully some of them will progress. Ivelice still can`t go to church for her jobs. But she told us this week that she`ll have paid off all of her debts in 2 months and then she`s going to drop the jobs and can come to church. So we`ll just have to wait for her. Jose Manuel is still progressing so we`re going to put a baptismal date for him next week. So we visit this guy named Nelson, a less active. Well he LOVES to give us stuff. Usually it`s mangos or avacados (2 things VERY popular here. They grow on every tree). But this week he told us that he`s waiting for his chicken to get a little fatter and then he`s going to kill it, clean it, and give it to us. Hahaha. It was so funny. We had an FHE on Monday with the Elders and a few of their investigators and had a barbeque! It was so good! I gotta figure out what kind of sauce they use on their chicken. Anyways... today we had a zone activity! We got permission to watch some movies so we watched 3! Haha. It was way too much, but it was fun. We watched Despicable Me 2, Brave, and the Croods. I hadn`t seen the Croods before. It was pretty good! We also made tacos! :)  It was fun. Well that`s been my week. I`m glad you all are doing well! I love you! Have a great week!
Hermana Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment