Friday, September 13, 2013

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - Week 3
 
Hola! How is everyone?? Things sound great in Texas! I've had such a great week this week! Every day here is pretty similiar so the days start to blur together but I'll try to remember as much as I can. So we had been teaching this investigator, Cleira, for awhile and things were moving along great and we were going to commit her to baptism soon, but then she told us she was moving and so we had to end it. Even though it's just a teacher pretending to be an investigator, it still feels so real and you really get attached to this person so it was hard to end it. But we did a visualization in class the next day where we all closed our eyes and our teacher asked us to imagine Cleira being baptized and going into the water and coming out with a huge smile on her face and then coming up to us and giving us the biggest hug and thank you. It was such an incredible experience for me. It felt so real. I can't wait to have that experience with someone. We have 3 more investigators now. We teach one every morning and one every night and then we teach a couple on Mondays. It is awesome. I love it. Even though our spanish isn't amazing yet, when we get into that lesson, the Spirit is there and the words come to our mouths. I feel like I'm really helping them.

So every Sunday we have Sacrament meeting, district meeting, relief society, a doctrinal class from President Freestone, a missionary MTC devotional, and we get to watch a church movie. I love Sundays. On Tuesday we got to go to the store for the first time! It was the first time we were allowed to leave the gates of the MTC/Temple so that was really exciting! Things are definitely different here. The traffic is really scary. They don't enforce any speed limits so people just go as fast as they want, zipping around people. And there are a ton of people walking on the streets. It's pretty cool. It was good to get out for a little bit. We tried to find some American food at the store since all we eat is rice and meat, but there wasn't much. Pretty much just like oreos, m&ms and doritos. I'm kinda starting to miss eating a variety of food. But I got some notecards there cuz we definitely need those a lot for practicing Spanish. I've had a chance to go to the Temple twice now and it is so great! The first time I went last week there were a lot of people that couldn't speak English in our session so we all had to get headphones for translation. But today there were only a few of us so we did it in English.

When we first got here there were 78 missionaries, but 61 of them left on Tuesday so for 2 days there were only 17 of us. It was very strange. We made some really good friends our first 2 weeks so it was hard to see them go. But we just got 40 new missionaries today! Only 2 of them were sisters. So we have a total of 5 sisters and like 52 elders. Haha. We're a little out numbered. It's good though. Everyone seems to think that the elders and the sisters should have equal opportunities to pray, bear testimony, speak, etc. even though there are way more elders than sisters, so they call on us A LOT. haha. Luckily we love to participate though. :) Tomorrow we're going out contacting at the University here!! I'm pretty nervous, but excited too! Hopefully I can understand them. Everyone here speaks SO fast and they drop all of their S's.

I got a DearElder from Allie last week! That was so fun! I haven't gotten your package yet Mom. Like I said, the mail doesn't come very often. It may take a few weeks to get to me. Thanks in advance for it though! It's exciting to get mail! By the way, could you give my email address out to people? I know what you're thinking, you don't want to because I won't have time to write you, but I promise to write you first before I write anyone else. We get an hour for emailing and it only takes me about 30-40 minutes to write you. If I have to, I'll wait to write my friends until I have a P-day with more time. But especially because we don't get mail here, I won't be able to hear from anyone for awhile. Could you also post it as a status on my Facebook though as well and say I'd love to hear from everyone? Like I said though, you are my top priority and I will always write you first. :)

Anyways, to answer some of your questions: We actually don't even study Spanish that much during the day. Maybe an hour at most. They just speak to us in only Spanish all day long so we learn from what they say. And then we have to try to find time to study it on our own as well. We mostly learn how to teach and practice a lot and prepare for lessons with investigators. That is so cool that Scott is the 11 year old scout leader! haha. He will be great at that. And of course Maureah got called as a pianist. :) That is one talent she will never escape sharing. And counselor in the sunday school presidency sounds perfect for Ryan!

I'm glad Amy won SYTYCD. She deserved it. The craziest thing is that I don't even miss tv or movies at all. I bet you can't believe it. LOL. I'm glad Tanya's party went great! I wish I could have been there! That is so awesome that she could have so much family with her on that day.  

So I realized that I wrote down everyone's home addresses to write them, but I don't have anyone's email address. Like everyone in the family other than Mom and Dad. Could you send those to me? Actually I have Christina's because she wrote me, but I need everyone else's. Thanks! I love you all so much! And miss you tons! Thank you for all of your prayers! I can feel them from way over here. :) Love you!

Hermana Woolf

No comments:

Post a Comment